Dear Miss Nurul Huda,
Firstly, thank you for your inquiry.
T&CM Unit do offer herbal treatment for cancer patients. The aim of herbal
treatment is to relieve the side effects following conventional treatment
(e.g. radiotherapy and chemotherapy) and also to improve the patients’
The procedure to get the herbal treatment is as below:
i. Referral letter
-Please ask the consultant or specialist who is treating your mother, to
write a referral letter to us (i.e. T&CM Unit) for herbal treatment.
– If the consultant or specialist is not so keen to write the referral
letter, please assure them that the herbal treatment act as an adjunct
therapy only. Thus, your mother will still need to undergo the
chemotherapy. Herbal treatment is not to replace the chemotherapy.
ii. Get an appointment date
– Once you’ve got the referral letter, you can ring us at Ext:2319 and get
an appointment date for the herbal treatment.
iii. On the appointment date
– Please come 10 minutes earlier than the appointment time. Once you’ve
arrived at Putrajaya Hospital, please go directly to TCM Unit. At the
moment, we’re doing the registration on our own.
– A staff nurse will carry out the screening on your mother. The screening
includes blood pressure, blood glucose, height and weight measurement and
some medical history taking.
iv. Herbal consultation
– Madam Tan, the herbal practitioner will give the consultation. She is a
local Chinese with years of working experience at Tung Shin Hospital.
– How frequent is the session really depends on the patients’ condition.
Usually for new patients, the follow-up treatment is weekly or biweekly.
But not to worry, Madam Tan will discussed with you the appropriate
– If your mother have done any test (e.g. Blood Test, Liver Function Test,
Kidney Function Test, MRI, CT Scan etc), please bring along the report.
– Madam Tan will prescribe the herbal and herbal will be dispensed to you.
– The herbal is in the sachet form. No need to boil, just add in hot
At the moment, there is no charge for the treatment.
We do have some patients who are taking herbal treatment following the
conventional treatment. The herbal really helps them to reduce the side
effects such as nausea, vomitting, hair loss, no appetite, fatigue, etc.
Usually a patient will feel very fatigue and tired after chemotherapy
session. Alhamdulillah, with the herbal treatment, the tiredness and
fatigue have been reduced. But some of the patients can’t tolerate with
the taste and smell of herbal.
That’s all for now. Please don’t hesitate if you have more inquiries.