Bruschetta is an appetizer whose origin dates to at least the 15th century from central Italy. It consists of grilled bread rubbed with garlic and topped with extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Variations may include toppings of spicy red pepper,tomato, vegetables, beans, cured meat, and/or cheese; the most popular recipe outside of Italy involves basil, fresh tomato, garlic and onion or mozzarella.
- 6 or 7 ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Mozarella cheese
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Makes 6 servings.
* baru lepas makan bruscetta kat Barra Cafe near Tesco Ampang.. I think I like it.Simple.And also just watched Julie and Julia….I think I saw Julie made this bruschetta…looks yummy