Many tv series are highly over-rated. Or now i think , no they are not….Star World is being over-acclaimed to draw viewers to see their channel more. For instance :
– American idols 11 rated as the most GORGEOUS event of all??? Like seriously? Stop saying that, Star World! The word itself tak sesuai, what more of its content. Cant you think of another appropriate word?
– New Girl, starring the cutesy Zooey Deschanel as the highest rated tv show of the DECADE?? No wayyy man, i dont think so! Ok if debut, it might be..Just because of Deschanel. The series is sloppy, bad casting, unfunny and all Jess think about is getting laid. I can rant a lot of this tv series.
– Glee. Ok i dont remember SW note anything about it but…i think Glee could be misleading series. I mean, ok say im an orthodox, close minded but Glee is very dangerous for teens. Im so glad im not a teen while Glee aired. And sometimes me and my friends think Glee has hidden agenda to raise the voice of ‘freedom of speech’ people especially LBGT section. Yes im against LBGT, its a personal life choices but you dont need to drag/move people or motivate people to become one. I like Glee in a way it has good taste of music, Broadway thingy, ups and down of a relationship but lately its more like promoting gay lifestyle. Teens who are confused of their identity, become uplift by Glee so-called wisdom and think they should follow their body needs whilst for me..all they need is to be guided and show the right path. As what Sue Sylvester has said in the early episode of Glee
“You see, that’s the problem with your generation- you’re obsessed with labels! So you like showtunes? It doesn’t mean you’re gay. It means you’re AWFUL!” …Ok scratch that last capital ones.. I like showtunes, that doesnt potray that im awful. haha. No, really.
– I like this new tv series, Revenge. It has twisted plot, good casting (hunky dude), great scene-hamptons (ada sikit flair of Gossip Girls, plus Eric Van de Woodsen pun ada), amazing costume, soundtrack best. *double infinity*
– “Accidentally on purpose” is underrated. This show is very funny but was cancelled somehow after its first season.
– I always love “The Amazing Race”. I see all the beautiful places in there.. Semalam ada tunjuk Azerbaijan. I dunnolah i always fall for EurAsia countries- (east meet west). They’re rich in cultures and historical building and stories. *i love forts and rustic architecture*.But that episode is hella funny sebab ada task kena cleans up a guy from a crude oil spa. They use crude oil as a healing therapy . Read here
Rant on foodstuff
If i pay premium price, i expect a premium goods in return. I didnt have that mutual satisfaction at Secret Recipe. I thought SR is being overhyped. Everytime i stepped inside SR, i try different kind of cakes in a hope that it’ll be that moment when i found that satisfying premium cake..No i dont have that moment, yet. Its mere spongy cake with creme layer.. and the taste is not kickin. I may have tastebud problems but…come on..at least ONE will satisfy my needs. I have tried the overhype chocolate indulgence, pecan butterscoth, choc fudge, white choc macadamia, tiramisu, their cheesecakes, durian range, mango tango..
Im a kind of person who would want to help local brands but it needs to be good. And it has to be im satisfied of what im paying for. And i bumped into this local cake stores at my neighborhood, it was called Kitchen Studio they had this little booth at one of FAMA/MIDA events yesterday. I bought the RV cakes and it taste so good. I only pay myr20 for a whole cake (in an oval shape plastic container, i wasnt sure of the cake weight). I came to a conclusion yang homemade cake lebih best dari commercial cake store. Sebab home-made style, (its my verdict la), they bake those cakes as if thier ownself yang nak makan whereas commercial ni mmg pure business, profit-oriented.
*This is all my personal opinion. It does not indicate the real thing or experiences other people might had. That’s what we call preferences.